♥ Come live the We run Montreal! experience. Support the actions of the MMS Foundation to improve maternal health in Africa!
♥ Run to finance the next surgical mission in Rwanda, in November 2020.
1. Buy your ticket!
2. Plan a fundraiser and set your own objective!
(Your fundraising link will be quickly sent to you. Tax receipts* are sent by email as soon as a donation is made.)
3. Talk about it in your surrounding !
The We run Montreal! experience is:
- An exceptional course** at Parc Jean-Drapeau,
- A safe*** and timed sporting event (Sportstats),
- Race host on site,
- Lively music throughout the event.
Would you like to contribute to improving the health of mothers in Africa? Our team of urology surgeons, anesthesiologists and nurses from Quebec, who are all volunteers, change the lives of women who have survived very difficult childbirth. Founded in Montreal in 2011, the Mères du Monde en Santé Foundation (MMS) acts to treat severe incontinence problems resulting from difficult childbirth, works to share its expertise, and promotes prevention. Over two million women are affected in Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia, and 50 000 to 100 000 new women are added to that number yearly.
Our annual race is an important source of revenue. We need you!
You cannot participate, but still wish to contribute to our efforts to improve maternal health in Africa? You can MAKE A DONATION:
The On the Run for Maternal Health event will take place under the honorary presidency of David Dadoun, Head of Enterprise Data and Business Intelligence at Ubisoft Montreal. He is a young family man, and is training to run the 21.1km race.
David Dadoun, Honorary President of the On the Run for Maternal Health event
To participate in the event, you must confirm your agreement to the conditions in the following waiver form**** Your exact start time (example: 9:08am) will be sent to you a few days before the race.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in communicating with Julie Gagné by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 438 872-4662.
We thank you from the bottom of our ♥ for helping us raise funds to help the Rwandan women who need us all!
The Mères du Monde en Santé Foundation team.
* Our registration number with the Canada Revenue Agency is: 829413046 RR 0001.
** Course map:
*** English version to be released soon
I hereby declare that I understand all the risks associated with the practice of running. The risks associated with the activity in which I will be participating are, in particular, but not limited to: injuries due to falls or other movements (sprains, strains, fractures, etc.), injuries with blunt or sharp objects, injuries resulting from contact between participants or their sports equipment, heat-related disorders, etc. Consequences may include, but are not limited to, damage to or loss of equipment or material, personal injury, trauma and even death.
- I declare that I have the health and physical fitness required for such an activity;
- I declare that I do not have any heart problems;
- I undertake to conduct myself in a safe and responsible manner;
- I undertake to follow at all times all instructions and directives given by the officials, the Federation staff and the organizing committee;
- I declare that I am not under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
Unless otherwise provided by law, I acknowledge the risks associated with these sports practices and I release the Federation, the municipality or city where the event takes place, Fondation Mères du Monde en Santé and its administrators, the organizing committee, its volunteers, officials, employees, representatives, administrators, from any damage that I or my property may suffer as a result of participating in running sports, whatever the cause or nature. To this end, I hereby waive all claims against the above-mentioned persons. This declaration is binding on my heirs and legal successors and I also hereby grant all medical personnel of the event access to all my medical records or those of the minor participant and authorize necessary medical treatment if necessary. I understand that I have the right to refuse the medical care and advice of the event's medical staff. I hereby accept responsibility for all medical expenses incurred as a result of training or attending the event, including, but not limited to, ambulance transportation, hospital expenses, medical staff care and pharmaceutical products and services. I agree, whether or not I am a resident of Canada, not to hold medical personnel liable for any damage resulting from any required medical treatment(s) provided to me. I hereby authorize the Federation, Fondation Mères du Monde en Santé and the organizing committee to reproduce, distribute and publish the photos or videos taken during the event on which I appear for use in its communication tools such as publications, advertisements or on its website. This authorization is valid without restriction of time and territory for the uses mentioned above. I accept all the conditions contained in this form and if I am under 18 years of age, I declare that I have obtained the consent of my parent or guardian before completing this registration form.
FQA, Fondation Mères du Monde en Santé and TRICON Events commit themselves to comply with the requirements and recommendations of Quebec’ Public health and other governmental authorities, and to put in place and adopt all necessary measures to that effect. However, FQA, Fondation Mères du Monde en Santé and TRICON Events cannot guarantee that you (or your child, if participant is a minor/ or the person you are the tutor or legal guardian of) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending the Activities could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19, despite all preventative measures put in place.
By signing this document,
- I acknowledge the highly contagious nature of COVID-19 and I voluntarily assume the risk that I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of) could be exposed or infected by COVID-19 by participating in running activities. Being exposed or infected by COVID-19 may particularly lead to injuries, diseases or other illnesses.
- I declare that I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of) am participating voluntarily in (running activities.
3. I declare that neither I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of) nor anyone in my household, have experienced cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (including fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing).
4. If I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of) experience, or if anyone in my household experiences any cold or flu-like symptoms after submitting this declaration, I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of) will not attend any of running activities, programs or services until at least 14 days have passed since those symptoms were last experienced.
5. I have not (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of), nor has any member of my household, travelled to or had a lay-over in any country outside Canada in the past 14 days. If I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of) travel, or if anyone in my household travels, outside Canada after submitting this declaration, I (or my child, if participant is a minor/ or the person I am the tutor or legal guardian of) will not attend any of running activities, programs or services until at least 14 days have passed since the date of return.
This document will remain in effect until FQA, per the direction of the provincial government and provincial health officials, determines that the acknowledgments in this declaration are no longer required.